Sun, Mar 24|
Best Western Plus University Inn
2024 Family Forest Landowners & Managers Conference
SAVE THE DATE! If you are a forest landowner or a forestry professional, The 2024 Family Forest Landowners & Managers Conference is the place to be on March 25-26, 2024! We'll be focusing on the future of forest markets, fire, and forestry so join us as we gaze into the crystal ball!
Time & Location
Mar 24, 2024, 9:00 AM PDT – Mar 26, 2024, 5:00 PM PDT
Best Western Plus University Inn, 1516 Pullman Rd, Moscow, ID 83843, USA
About the event
Join us for the 2024 Family Forest Landowners & Managers Conference featuring the Inland Empire Society of American Foresters, Idaho Forest Owners Association and Idaho Tree Farm Program. This year's event kicks off Sunday with an optional day long "Ties to the Land" workshop (more info below), a tour of the Washington State University Bear Center, and an evening social. The conference continues with two full days of presentations focused in four areas:
- The Future of Forest Markets
- What will we do when the fire comes?
- What's new in your neck of the woods?
- Bugs, Pines, and Bears
The full conference schedule will be posted in early January so check back here to learn more about this year's presentations and presenters. Attend live and in-person or join us online! Onsite attendees can participate in our silent auction and will be eligible for door prizes that will be awarded each session. There are some fabulous onsite raffle prizes, too. Check back here for further details.
"TIES TO THE LAND" WORKSHOP: This optional day long workshop will help you plan for an orderly transition and aid in succession planning for your family forest. Registration is $45 per person and $20 for each additional family member. This workshop includes presentations, video clips, a 91-page reference book, flash drive and interactive exercises on the following:
- 10 Steps to Successful Succession Planning
- Passion, Preparation, and Planning
- Family Ties, Differing Objectives - Generation Gaps
- The Heirloom Scale, Values and Goals
- Conflicting Roles of Family and Business
- Tips for a Successful First Family Meeting
- Guidelines for Good Communication
- Choosing the Best Team of Advisors For You
- Putting the Plan Together, Success Strategies
- Transferring Ownership - Legal and Financial Instruments
Space is limited to the first 25 workshop participants. Register and pay by March 18, 2024. On-site/late registration will add $10 per person. NOTE: This workshop is only available to in person attendees. There is no virtual option.
VIRTUAL CONFERENCE REGISTRATION: This option is available for the full conference or single-day registration. Make your selection at checkout. If you register for virtual attendance, you will receive a follow-up email with additional information about how to access the conference. Only General Sessions will be broadcast for virtual attendees.
EXHIBITION SPACE: Exhibition space is available for $115 for a commercial exhibit or $75 for nonprofits/government agencies. See options/pay at checkout.
ADVERTISING:Advertising space is available in our conference program. Rates are $125 for 1/4 page, $250 for 1/2 page or $500 for a fulll page. See options/pay at checkout. Event organizers will contact you if you have purchased an ad.
CONFERENCE SPONSORSHIP: The Family Forest Landowners & Managers Conference is THE single “must attend” event of the year for more than 300 forest landowners and the foresters who advise them and includes the annual meetings of the Idaho Forest Owners Association, Idaho Tree Farm Program, and Inland Empire Society of American Foresters. That’s 300+ engaged, committed forest landowners, managers, foresters, and students eager to learn about your products, services, and technologies. Promote your business and show your support for the Conference at the same time. The $500 sponsorship package includes:
· Recognition by name and logo in the conference program schedule
· Recognition by the conference Master of Ceremonies at appropriate times throughout the conference
· Recognition by name with an opportunity to display your own banner or sign at the sponsored event
· ONE full conference attendee registration
· Exhibitor space in the Conference Exhibit Hall at the University Inn Best Western Plus if space is still available in this venue
at the time the sponsorship is purchased
· A Sponsor recognition sign for the exhibit table (for sponsors that also exhibit)
LODGING: A guest room block and special rates are being held at the Best Western Plus University Inn. Prior to February 26, please visit Reservations or call 208-882-0550 x 0 and mention the Family Forest Landowners & Managers Conference. When using the link,please confirm your arrival and departure dates at the top of the first page. If the link is showing no availability, you are unable to book your required room type, OR if making reservations after February 26, please call the hotel directly. For information on the hotel, please visit Best Western Plus University Inn.
QUESTIONS? If you have questions about the conference please contact Marrion Newsam Banks, IFOA EVP, by email at email@example.com.